Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DTC 35 - Injection Pulse Width Error (Time Short) that's the code wich shows up when we scanned a 1995 (OBD1) truck yesterday.

Anybody can tell us what that means? Do you know if there is any book or something else wich can explain what means those DTCs? Some are easy to understand, but some others no, especially for rookies in DTCs approach.

For the little story, the truck was not starting, and it appears the PMD was dead. We temporariliy put a used PMD to cure, just waiting for the new D-tech to arrive, and it fires up right away.
Fine, but we got this code 35 and would like to understand what that means.
The scanner (GMTD Scan soft) can clear it but it comes back immediately. At the same time, the Service Throttle soon light comes on and we didn't succeed in clearing it, even with the scanner.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had the same problem. The PMD on the heat sink, on the manifold fried. I connected back up to the original as it would only quit on occasion. I got code 35 all the time and 36 occasionally and the truck never quit. They never came back when I got my new PMD. Didn't have the service "throttle soon light". Leo

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that input Leo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts