Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
It's a 5 position switch that will allow you to choose between 5 differen tunes on the fly.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are these switches available yet and if so, who carries them. Is there just a 2 position switch. How does this work with efi as far as switching on the fly.

·
Registered
931 Posts
LarryJewell;1538527; said:
are these switches available yet and if so, who carries them. Is there just a 2 position switch. How does this work with efi as far as switching on the fly.
I am not sure if any vendors have DSP5 switches availible yet. The way DSP2 works is you fully re-flash your ECM to a custom operating system written by EFILive. In the tuning software you have different tables for the DSP2 program so you can have different timing, pulse width, fuel pressure, ETC. With the programming in the computer, DSP2 is activated by a switch that will ground a certain pin on your ECM causing DSP2 programming to flawlessly kick in:) . I am not completely certain how a DSP5 switch will work, but I assume it will be very close to the same operation.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Switches are available now, but not the software to make them work. If you want to buy a switch now, give Guy at www.socaldiesel.com a call and order one up. BTW, he is supporting vendor.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I got mine from socal just waiting on the software to get it going

·
Registered
132 Posts
can we still install it before the software is out?

·
Registered
410 Posts
pok;1545376; said:
can we still install it before the software is out?
yes:)

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Guy, is the installation for LBZ the same as LLY? same pin #'s?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Duramaxed06;1605359; said:
Guy, is the installation for LBZ the same as LLY? same pin #'s?
No DSP2 or DSP5 for LBZ any time soon....

Reactions: Chevy1008
1 - 17 of 17 Posts