Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys ordering yours from...i have emailed two companies and have yet to get a response.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Guy at Socal diesel.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed duramaxtuner twice and guy once about a week ago...maybe i need to call.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah, i got mine from big hog customs his user name is mreeves23 on diesel place.. Tell him i sent ya, i got mine for a great price!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea definately call Nick and duramaxtuner or just order one from his site

Levi

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can call Nick or order one from his site. Remember that sometimes you get what you pay for. Nicks switches were $40 plus shipping last time i checked, and his support is excellent if you were to have any isssues with installation or anything else!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just rec'vd mine from SoCal ~ as a resident, there's the sales tax but he is local and provides excellent support. Have heard good things about him as well as Duramaxtuner.

Not to stray off topic but where do you plan to mount the DPS5 switch? I'm thinking over by the ash tray is a spot but thats so far away. Thots/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking about mounting mine in my trippin switch mount, its got 5 switches and i only have 3 that im using...ill take one of the two not hooked to anything and put it there...then there is no need to cut the dash anywhere etc. Although, i do have a spare dash bezel ir whatever it is called i could use...hmm

·
Registered
207 Posts
Got mine from DMax Tuner and mounted it here... Tell me what you think.

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

·
Registered
482 Posts
nick @ dmax tuner for me as well. have yet to install it tho

·
Registered
184 Posts
boostable, that is a really sweet mounting location for your switch. nice job

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks guys... It is working out pretty well. Nice to have it concealed and out of the way.. I don't think anyone (looking for such a switch) would look under there.

Do you have to pull the knob off the switch to close the cover, or does it not stick out as far as it looks like it does?
Josh,

The picture has the "factory" knob that comes with it from Nick. It would not close with that knob, however I replaced it with a smaller knob that fits perfect and the lid closes. I got it from Ace Hardware (Jandorf bin). I can get the # if you want it. Its small enough to make the switching a snap even with my fat fingers..

I will get a picture of the new switch as soon as I can.

Jack

·
Registered
548 Posts
Slick location. I think I'd like being the only one that knows where it's at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got mine from DMax Tuner and mounted it here... Tell me what you think.

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

Hey Guys, bringing this back from the dead.
Boostable that is awesome mounting location. did you ever post the knob PN that you used from ACE hardware? How difficult was getting the actual switch in there? I have been sitting on installing my switch for far to long and was getting reading to get a tab that mounts to the OBDII port because I don't want to drill into the dash and or have an excuse for any one other than me to use that switch..
Thanks for any additional feedback

1 - 20 of 20 Posts