Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating on getting a new truck or a 2002-2003. I have driven two different 2003's and they both had excellent power with 265 tires, but my uncle has a 2003 with only 37 on the odo and it seems anemic with it's 285 tires. What do you think could be causing my uncles's truck to seem so weak. He is looking at a programmer. Which ones have actually shown an increase in power and fuel mileage. He only gets around 17 empty on the interstate running 70-75 and that's with me driving. I can coax 19 out of a 1999 Tahoe running the same speeds.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Injectors???? Fuel filter????Get the 02-03 lb7 (The Beast)!! Quad, PPE, edge. They all have good one's for what your after.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man I got 22 on my truck,@ 80mph, That's calculated! and I have 285's,, Need a programer, and let it breath.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Green,Is the 17 MPG your getting, after correcting for the odometer error due to the large rubber? I don't get much better than 18-19 on the average.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Does'nt your predator correct for tire size??? My quad does.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
285s start eating into the fuel economy worse than the 265s, plus you have to adjust the DIC MPG by about 1.5 with 285s. If he want's fuel economy, the stock size is the way to go.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I agree..Just thought the programer made up for the tire size?? My speedometer is dead on..

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
all programmers will help mileage. its the driver that has to be able to control the throttle which is hard to do with the extra power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts