3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a new turbo...

What a dummy.... they're closed on saturday's. :mad:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything i can make fit to make boost more efficiently than a GM-8.

·
Registered
332 Posts
DSG in swift current? You must have been bored or desperate... i would stay away from them the are expensive and Fk up most of what they do. No one i know will take anything to or buy anything from any of the DSG group (swift, regina, and saskatoon). Most ppl will either go to taber or to Havre montana for anything. If you are still in Maple Creek its only 1.5 hours to havre.
I have a turbo off of a 350 big cam cummins if that interests you. I'm in Leader, Sk. by the way.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You want boost, let me know and i will get you boost. Just say please;) !!!!!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rig watcher, i know nothing about that turbo, will it fit?

Chicago... Please...

·
Registered
297 Posts
what ya got planned for your gm-8 after removed? Im in the market for a gm-8 in good condition..

Vince

Rig watcher, i know nothing about that turbo, will it fit?

Chicago... Please...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yall need to skip the GM and go right to Holset, an HX35 or even a WH1C will work great.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I would not recommend that until after 18:1 and IC or some other after cooling, 10psi is plenty for most rigs out there GM-8 will give that easily, and also you need reflash or chip, otherwise it's just hot air.

CTDP got pics for the Holset install, might be a good FYI how to; post

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
CR I figured out from your avitar why yours ain't running good you got smoke coming out the wrong side of the truck ):h

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what ya got planned for your gm-8 after removed? Im in the market for a gm-8 in good condition..
Sell it cheap.... good for 25 psi!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CR I figured out from your avitar why yours ain't running good you got smoke coming out the wrong side of the truck ):h
Here's one for you TD.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why aren't you putting on twin turbos? Looks like you could squeeze them in there. Be more efficent than one. No cross over pipe. Less lag. More aggrivation. Looks cool. Different. Just what the "Rigger's Rig" needs.

http://www.oliverdiesel.com/friends/bierman.htm
That thought has floated through my head a bazzillion times now, i just don't have the time or equipment to do that kinda fab work.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NOT EFFICIENT BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!
Not efficient as a Holset no... works well for what it was desinged for though.

Wheres that Turbo from you anyways... i said please in the other thread?

·
Registered
335 Posts
dp that looks like a project that requires real deeeep!! pockets lol
but really looks cool and i bet it really flies too !!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
Only need to fabricate drivers side manifold. Have seen manifolds flipped. You can weld on extensions to existing manifold. I wonder what manifolds were used in the dual setup? The 6.5 would need some careful fitting to clear the steering column. Turbos with wastegates would be nice. Hooking up the intercooler would be a pain. Two turbos would create less heat in the charge air. You would need another down pipe fabrication. Don't forget a replacement engine when the bottom end blows out.
Hmmmm? That new 360hp. DurrMax looks like a better deal.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts