Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and to be honest..was not impressed...my truck stops harder, rides about the same..etc..but the big difference..the thing was a slug, even when warmed up...I mean decent low end power..but feels like it needs taller gears..maybe it had 4.10s...but it was lethargic and had to shift it way too much...my truck when it was stock feel slike it would eat it up in a race..but we don't buy them to race. *shrugs*

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I thought the dyno figures were good on those trucks?

I guess there is more to trucks then hp.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The one I test drove last month seemed like it would be a monster (like a dmax on lvl 2 juice
). It was a srw 3500 QC auto 373 rear. I didnt bag the sh*t out of her cuz I can respect that it will be someones baby someday.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh I forgot to say that after driving that Dodge thats when I really wanted the juice.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neither did I, I floored it once after it was warmed up, and stock for stock my truck would kill it..chipped..no contest...but I guess that engine shines under load.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wonder if the one you drove had some type of problem... or does mine have a virus.

·
Registered
958 Posts
was it an auto or stick?

I've always found with the cummins that you don't feel the power with an auto. The low end torque feels like it will pull anything but you've got to shift at 2krpm as it's got nothing after that. Great powerful engine but won't win any races unless you can hook up something heavy behind it where it will shine.

·
Banned
394 Posts
i was not impressed........didnt feel like to me it would pull a greasy string out of a cats a$$.....the truck i drove musta had the flew or something

·
Registered
134 Posts
One of my coworkers just bought the new 600. I'll be curious to ride in it with him and find out what the fuel milage ends up being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts