Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a fella this past Monday who installed a Hypertech programmer in his '04 GMC D-Max. We got to comparing notes, and he finally asked me if I wanted to drive it.

What d'ya suppose my response was?...

First impression - the truck runs much smoother throughout the rpm range. Acceleration from a standing start isn't blistering, but it's 'better' than my stocker. While cruising at 45 mph I nailed it, and this is where the difference is like night and day. The trans kicked down a gear and we took off like a big-block gas motor'd truck. The owner told me that if he powerbrakes it until the turbo gets spun up, it'll smoke the tires in first and 2d gears (not something I'm looking to do any time soon).

I didn't drive it far, but I did drive it far enough to know that before long I'll be answering the five questions you gotta answer to get the added performance.

If you get a chance to drive a mod'd truck, do it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't think the Hypertech has a programmer for the LLY yet.

I put a Hypertech on my father in laws 03 and he loves it.

Jesse

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SteveNorCal said:
I'm guessing your's and his has the LB7 motor?

Thass rite...

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Just wait till you drive one with a Juice Attitude..........It does things like spinning 285s in three gears....................

It also makes the motor run much smoother, and if you keep your foot out of it mileage is good--21.9 mpg is my best so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts