Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mine has the same thing at around 68 mph. Did it even bone stock too..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I assume by this "drone" sound, you are talking about the louder hum that is associated with about 1700 rpm?

·
Registered
91 Posts
made 2 pull;1581065; said:
I have a drone noise at 65-70 mph in the exhaust have 07 lbz
I experienced the same thing on my 07 lbz but I was in 4 wheel drive. We are getting a lot of snow up here and I was traveling on a snow covered road, then I got on the highway, which had all the snow removed and forgot to put it back into 2WD. I heard the drone or hum as soon as I hit 65 MPH and quickly realized that I was in 4WD. I slowed down and put it back into 2WD and the drone went away.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Same here on my '06 LLY. Drones at about 1500 to 1700 rpm.

Call your stealer about the TSB on the muffler bearing lubrication. ;) Just kidding...

Seriously, GM has added small weights to mufflers on a lot of their models over the years to change the exhaust harmonics which seems to have eliminated drone in stock exhausts. My '95 ImpalaSS had that problem. I had another solution, though. I replaced the total exhaust system, headers to tailpipes, for more flow. No more drone. Sounded good, too.

You might want to ask the dealer if they have a TSB on exhaust drone. Most of the techs I've met have had experience in this area and can add some small weight(s) (like the stick on weights used in tire shops on custom wheels) to the muffler. It can be a bit of a trial and error but eventually they find the right amount and the drone is gone.

Alternately, you could try sticking on some weight to the muffler. Put some on, take some with you, go on a road test and keep adding small amounts until it's gone.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
924 Posts
:help2: Yup muffler bearings and exhaust bearings.:rotflmao:And the duct tape

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
drill the muffler and kitty to drain those muffler bearings. Once they are all out, no more rattling drone from the excessive vibration caused by the pedal not all the way on the floor.:D :lol: :badidea: :stirthepo

·
Registered
16 Posts
06 lbz drone is driving me crazy. will a cat back stop it? also lots o moaning in 4wd @2000.HELP,I am beginning to think I should have bought a f250.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
lol you bought the right truck dont worry. It just happens, just like fords breakdown all the time. Its just some quark. Its nothing that turning the radio up to a comfortable level wont slove. Ill check on my way to work in the morning but I dont think I have a drone. I also have a 4" MBRP turbo back w/ cat delete and a muffler.

·
Registered
230 Posts
cat back

I had the same problem with stock exhaust, I put a cat back 4in MBRP and drone is all but gone. Much happier with cat back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the feedback. Im going with the mbrp cool duels cat back. the noies seems to be better in the warmer wheather

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gona do the whole shebang sunco5, ppe +2 cat gutted, -cat back ,tie rods,lift pump ,wat eva fits it a 10k budget--wat the hell u only u cant take it wit u.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts