Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Anyone got any pictures of driving lights mounted topside on the front bumper of their Chevy or GMC Duramax and how/where they mounted them? There appears to be a fiberglass spacer and the bumper ornamental radius might pose a problem with vertical alignment. I believe I've seen a D-Max somewhere with what looks like Hella round 6" lights, but I forgot where... I'd like to mount a couple of street legal Hellas (run through a relay using the high beam to energize, of course) - I had them on my previous truck and found them to be excellent auxilliary lights.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,

Yep...but the picture seems a bit different from my bumper (2002?) - your center mounting surface appears flat across the front (or is part of an add-on support to the bumper itself). My 2003 bumper has a "concave" center mimicing the grill above it, which means it ends in an upturned radius just before sweeping up toward the headlights. Crawling around under it, there appears to be a fiberglass plate between the outer chrome bumper "facing" and the steel main "bumper bar" support. I was a little concerned I'd pick a place too close to the radius to drill that would end up with a driving light that sorta' tilted inward - admittedly fixable, but I wanted to see what others had done first and profit from their work.

Nice looking set-up on your lights - I already put on the Painless Wiring kit to keep low and high beams on together, but I drive a lot at night on secondary roads and more is definitely better...

Incidentally, I've read a lot of your earlier advice posted on the forum and found it most helpful. Thanks for your work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
KY-DMAX

The light mounting surface is part if the license plate bracket, I don't have one but I believe I saw them on the Stylin Concepts website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts