Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install a EGT probe in the drivers side exhaust manifold?

I already have a egt probe in the passenger side manifold feeding an Autometer pyro gauge and I want to know if I can install a egt probe in the drivers side to support my new Banks Six Gun Kit?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
yes it can be done but it is a little more difficult to get at , might want to try from below

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:exactly:

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I installed my probe for my Edge in the driver's side from below. There's a nice spot on the bottom of the manifold just forward of the rear flange. It's a bit of a reach and tapping was a PITA, but it worked out nicely.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I did mine from the side. There is enough room there to drill and tap. Just make sure you are centered.

Not saying this is any better than doing it from below. Just that you can do it from the side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information guys. When I drilled my passenger manifold for the egt install, I removed the manifold just to ensure no chips entered the turbo. It did not take long to remove, drill and re-install the manifold... maybe an hour at most. Has anyone removed the drivers side manifold? Is it a fairly easy job... or is it rather difficult?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Ill let ya know after this SAT because Im replacing mine with a BD manifold.If your interested in a pre drilled unit let me know , Ill have a spare

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was looking at the divers side today as I am putting on the BD manifold as well (right after I get some warranty work done). It actually looks like the bolts will be easier to reach then the passanger side as you dont have the front pipe in the way. The only catch I can see is the steering shaft. If there are studs in the drivers side like there are in the passanger side the manifold will probably not come out without disconnecting the shaft. As luck would have it though there is a coupler right at the manifold, and it looks like 1 bolt and you can move the shaft out of your way. Good luck !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts