Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side seat has torn a hole in my carpet:mad: . As the seat moves forward the front part of seat rail moves close to the xmsn hump in the floor. The carpet in my truck evidently got caught on the seat and tore. Very hard to notice...but I spotted yesterday while looking over my truck in the sunlight for the first time since I got it. I'm may go by the dealer today and have them check it out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had a small rip in mine at the same place that you are describing. I didnt realize the seat did it though. The dealer offered to replace all the carpet but it would require taking all the seats out and removing the console. I asked them if they could just glue it down and they did. Now you can hardly tell where the rip was.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glueing it seems like a good idea. I'm not too excited about having the interior torn apart to replace the carpet. I figured a new carpet would have the same problem too. Do you know what kind of glue they used?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glueing it seems like a good idea. I'm not too excited about having the interior torn apart to replace the carpet. I figured a new carpet would have the same problem too. Do you know what kind of glue they used?
They told me they would use a hot glue gun but don't know exactly what type of glue. Did a real good job though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts