Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Has anyone ever rotated there drivers seat? I would like to rotate it a few degrees clockwise. when I sit in it I have to sit at an angle to get comfortable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think you can rotate it. I've got my seat bottom removed right now and there isn't room to adjust it. I'm going to cut the right side of the seat pan to remove the hard edge under the right side bolster, and then use a patch panel that is angled to take place of the 90 degree (hard) edge.

I've owned this truck for 5 years and am tired of twisting to get comfortable. The seat is not centered on the steering wheel and this causes some people (me) to try and adjust to it. This problem doesn't seem to bother the majority of Dmax owners.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking I might have to get custom on it. We'll see if I ever get the time

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
femritet;1594350; said:
I am thinking I might have to get custom on it. We'll see if I ever get the time

Thanks
Just be careful how "custom" you get, remember that the seat mounting bolts are critical to the seat belt's strength and operation because its integrated into the seat back. If you twist the seat, just the fact that its not on center alone could cause it to "tear" up at one corner in a crash.:(

just my oppinion..

ben

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be careful just going to look at it. I just drove 1800 miles and it got really annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts