Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my truck sit for a couple weeks while I was out of town. WHen I got back the driver window is slow and makes a scratching glass kind of sound when I roll it up and down. At first i had to help it get up, now it is slow but goes on its own.

When I left it was a tiny bit slow but not nearly this bad. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
297 Posts
JhnZ71;1605083; said:
driver window is slow and makes a scratching glass kind of sound when I roll it up and down.

Got the same problem but only after the car wash people left my window down through a run cycle. Wonder if it has to do with rust on the inside of the door? Any help would be appreciated. Called it to the wash company manager and he said " bring it to me in a couple of days if does not improve". Need imput as what to do, look for to blame them

·
Registered
113 Posts
The rubber tracks need to be lubricated with silicon spray. They dry out after time. The scratching sound is dirt on the felt seal on the outside. Roll down the window all the way & blow out with commpressed air

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.