Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me here. This is on a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE. The problem is the driver power seat will not raise or lower on the front. All other functions work fine, forward/backward, rear raise/lower. I have torn into it and found the nylon gear for raising/lowering is missing about 4 teeth. Motor itself works fine. So far all I can find is an entire seat frame replacement with the motors/gears. etc. If you know about this, you know a replacement runs anywhere from $350 up to $900. That just seems ridiculous to have to go that route just for a small plastic gear problem. I have found (I think) a replacement gear (brass) on ebay for about $40. But, when I click the "does it fit", it says it doesn't, even though the description says it does. I have emailed the seller, but haven't heard back yet.

Now it took individual parts to build these things, why is it so hard to find a replacement part.

Has anybody tackled this particular issue? Does anybody know where I can look/go to get a replacement part like this? Or even a part number would make it a bit easier to search on the internet. I can't even find a parts breakdown for the seat, that shows the motors or gears. I have tried Advance, Oreily, etc, no luck there either. I have not tried the dealer, from what I understand, all they will do is sell the entire track setup. I do have pics if needed.

TIA for any info/help

Boatiac

·
Premium Member
17,934 Posts
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thank you heymccall! I've spent 3 days researching this thing, could have saved myself a lot of frustration posting here earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts