Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 CC had it the driver's door get caught in the wind. I heard a crack when it snapped backwards. When I shut it it has a little hitch in it although I believe it shuts tight. Can these doors be adjusted back to get it back to normal? Even though it seals shut I don't want to just "live with it" Things like that annoy me and I want it back to normal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had the same thing happen in the work van. Wind took it and bent it backwards. The drivers side quarter pannel got bent inward, and the door does not open all the way anymore. It was an older van so we left it, but yeah I feel your pain.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Same thing happened to me. It just didn't shut quite right afterwards. We found a GOOD body man that fixed it with a pry bar in about 5 minutes. Works perfect again.

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
That just happened to me a few weeks ago. What sucks is that I figured out why I have a wind noise at higher speeds and why my drivers door and fender had been repainted before I got the truck. Two small chips of paint/body filler cracked out when it hit (along with a small dent behind the side moulding). I was told that the only fix is new hinges and they are welded on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

I took my tweaked door down to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty! :)

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
Nice! Was it a big job?? I'd like to get mine repaired properly before it happens again, maybe worse then the last time.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not bad

A couple of hours in the body shop. I believe they replaced the bushings/pins and adjusted the door. Opens and closes like stock again!:D

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Either replace the hinges or start shimming and adjusting. I would try shimming/adjusting first, be alot cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.