Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I was wondering if I am the only this has happened to, I purchased an 01 d max about a month ago with 50k on her and she ran perfect till about 1 week after I had her and then she started drinking antifreeze and then blowing out the exhaust so I took it in and after a week in a half I get my truck back after they found that the #8 cyclinder was leaking into my head, so they replaced the gasket and sent the head out to the machine shop to have it milled and checked and all the associated parts and said everything checked out fine so I went and picked it up.

the next day I go start it and the darn thing starts blowing blue smoke again, I use this truck for bussines and I just about killed my 86 jimmy with a 6.2 pulling my 8500lb trailer for a week and a half, this is crap that I have to loose my truck again because these guys dont know what they are doing.

Well I just wondering if anyone has any ideal what this could be so I can maybe educate these people on what to look for next time.

thanks

pat

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
It is under warranty. What shop did you take it to?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
they milled the head
You better load er up and come up to Grand Rapids, lots of Chicago folks have made the trip up to see me and have been happy. Milling head on dmax is not a good thing.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hoot yea it is under power train. chevy dealer is located in crystal lake., IL

Dmaxalli, I am sorry but I just assumed that they milled the head and after double checking the paper work it said the checked the head not milled the head, i JUST DONT WANT TO LOOSE MY TRUCK BECAUSE i CANT AFFORD TO BLOW UP MY 6.2 AND MY WAREHOUSE WHERE i PUT MY TRAILER AT NIGHT HAS A STEEP INCLINE AND i HAVE TO TAKE RUNNING STARTS BACKWARDS WITH A 16 FOOT TRAILER TO GET IT IN MY WAREHOUSE AFTER ABOUT 10 OR 15 TRIES I FINALLY GET IT (WHAT A *****) BUT IT IS JUST KILLING MY TRANS, THEY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR ME TO RENT A TRUCK SINCE THEY DIDNT DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME RIGHT?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Bad luck dude.....

Sounds like my kinda luck.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
thats a tough answer there,they should get you a suitable vehicle to drive though. All you gotta do is mention "poor survey" and that usually gets dealers hoppin.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
What's 'Poor Survey'? Edited by: srode

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
poor survey is in reference to the customer satisfaction survey that gm sends out to customers who had thier repairs performed under warrenty. Its the report card for the dealer and is a huge deal to most, I know our dealer holds it in VERY high regard, the higher your csi scores, the more favorable gm looks upon you for rewards etc

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Pat

Your dealership doesn't sound like it's up to par unfortunately but I guess your stuck with them .... I doubt anyone (a machine shop) outside of GM would have any experience with the functioning cylinder head on the Duramax .... There is an another possibility of a leak .... It is the injector cup seal and like I said who would know other then GM ....
I would rent a truck if need be and look for reimbursement from GM and your dealer ....

Good Luck

Mac

·
Registered
394 Posts
And, as always, change the oil and get an oil sample and get it analyzed to determine the extend of anti-freeze contaminantion and any potential damage.
You then have documtation that there IS anti-freeze present in black and white.
And then, after the repairs are completed, continue with regular oil analysis to determine that the problem has indeed been fixed and downward trend in wear metals and, again, that major damage has not occurred.
Anti-freeze is the #3 cause of engine early demise.. (Dirt ingestion #1, Diesel Fuel dilution #2)
George Morrison

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your replies.

Mackin, Eric thought it was injector cup seal also so that was the first thing they checked and they said that there was no sign of leakage, so who knows but I miss my truck allready and I have not even turned it in yet.

·
Registered
692 Posts
on the d/max i have seen cooling systems laek at the t-stat housing and the turbo coolant hose o-ring neat to the t-stat. i have seen oil cooler leak. cooler is above the oil filter. and the famous injector sleeve o-ring
its hard to tell hope the d/max tech at your dealer works hard to fing it ant just shoot parts. why was the head taken off to replace an injector

1 - 14 of 14 Posts