Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck's rearend drifts to the left bad when I punch it from a dead start. I know the tires are spinning but what is causing it to not track straight?

LBZ 4wheel drive 33 inch all terrain tires

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
That's odd,usually they drift to the pass. side first.Your rear couldn't be off center could it??

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes i have the same problem. Mine goes both ways. Next problem you will have is the *wood* issue i posted some time back. Just remember when uncomfy from *wood*, use the tilt wheel so ya don't have to stop and walk it off. Enjoy):h

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a "wood" issue I guarantee. More like "would if I could" get this thing to roll out straight instead of doing a donut in the intersection. Someone told me the differential does not lock up like a Detroit locker and this causes this phenomenon. What's in the differential on this truck?

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Trucks come with a gov loc and they will lock up solid for a while until it breaks:eek: Weight imbalance side to side could be causing the drift. With both rear tires spinning, it takes very little weight imbalance to make a truck drift one way or the other.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Usually they drift to the passenger side largely due to the crown of the road surface. I'm not sure why yours goes left.....

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
My dirver's side torsion rod needed a couple cranks more than the pass side to level the front end (without me in it!).
If one front corner is low, it will reduce traction on the opposite rear tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts