Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. Does anybody use the drain valve from Kennedy?? I think it sounds great, but I'm afraid of it coming open or something. Some op's on good or bad would be great. TIA

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you are talking about a Fumoto valve, it has a spring loaded valve. For good measure, I put a small tie-wrap on to help hold it closed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed one when I did my first oil change at 3,000 miles, now have 14,000 miles no issues works excellent to clear skid plates. Makes life alot easier, if I could only find a way to change the filter without a mess I would be very happy.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I bought one from Kennedy at 5k, now have 70K and still think its great. Make sure you get the one with the nipple.

·
Registered
250 Posts
love mine,real easy to do oil samples also:)

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Best damn drain valve ever. I've used it now for over 50k miles and never a drop of leakage. Get the one with the nipple as was already said. It does drain pretty slow though, but it makes it easy to change it hot which is the best way.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
It not going to come open without help.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have been using mine for a long time with no issues, I don't think there is any way for it to open on it's own. On the down side, some have mentioned that you no longer have the benefit of the magnetic drain plug.

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
I keep a couple of strong magnets on the outside of my eng. oil filter and one on the bottom of the Ally spin on along with the ring inside. Can't hurt...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
btfarm;1562249; said:
I keep a couple of strong magnets on the outside of my eng. oil filter and one on the bottom of the Ally spin on along with the ring inside. Can't hurt...
If I may ask, what kind of magnets are you using?

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
ZL-1;1563526; said:
If I may ask, what kind of magnets are you using?
We use industrial magnets on our processing machines to trigger proximity switches. They are very powerful, about 1/2 dia x 1/4 long. If you stick 2 together it's pretty hard to get them apart. I helped myself to a few...;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts