Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently performed front and rear differential and transfer case drain and fill. Are there torqure values for the drain and fill plugs? I have a bad problem with wanting to tighten bolts way too tight and as a result sometimes i leave them not tight enough. Torque values are my best friend. My question especially relates to the transfer case as the drain and fill plugs have threads showing when you go to remove them. I replaced them and just "snugged" them which also left some threads showing, but they would have easily tightened to the point of having the head flush against the case.

Also what is the on the transfer case plugs when they are removed? It appears to be some type of thread sealer or is it anti-seize. It is whie in color.

Thanks for your help with these questions and keep up the good work. This my first experience with a chevy diesel as i had a F-250 diesel prior to this and my local chevy dealer is not really up on the diesel engines.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. Now that i know the correct torque values, should i break the bolts loose and torque to the correct values or just leave till next service? I don't think that i went too tight on any thing except maybe transfer case 15 lb/ft is not alot.

Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts