Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing all these guys dragin their trucks in 4wd. Isnt that hard on 4wd components such as the transfer case and front axle? I always thought you weren't supposed to go over like 45 while in 4wd let alone 90+ at the track. Am I wrong? Isnt this as hard on stuff as I think? Also, doesnt 4wd eat up a lot of your top end power?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It eats up about 2mph, but makes up for it in 60'. I launched with 10lbs of boost many times with no problems until I cranked up the torsion bars. This caused the front tires to want to spin, wich made it wheel hop and throw the front end out of alignment. With an 8" lift on the way, I am going to race in 2wd. I never raced in 2wd with the 100 Predator, but when stock, I went [email protected] in 4wd, and [email protected] in 2wd. When adding 200+lbsft, the difference is even more.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a guy with the 100 predator and he ran 15.19 in 2wd. What did you run with the predator in 4wd?

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
with lowered torsen bars and beefed up tierods I've made 100+ passes in 4wd with my fastest trap speed at almost 112mph without any driveline problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.