Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen many trucks at the drag strip with a black headlight cover over there passenger side headlight... What is this for and why do they do it???

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
It's not a cover, it's a hole. Guys remove the headlight to allow more air into the intake. Not sure if it helps, but only takes about 30 sec. so can't hurt.

Rob

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
What he said, pop out the pass side eyeball. Help? probably not but it cant hurt.

Just keep in mind the rules of certian races require you to have all functioning lights ect. Even though its generaly not enforced.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If you close in around the fitler with a funnel towards the empty headlight hole, I could help getting a cooler, denser air charge to the filter.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
If you close in around the fitler with a funnel towards the empty headlight hole, I could help getting a cooler, denser air charge to the filter.
For the twins guys(our intake now is low, behind the headlight), I took out the lower pass fog light and made a direct port to the intake filter, SOTP meter felt like it helped. I think anytime cold air can be used by the intake, instead of hot underhood air, you'll get power gains.

During the winter, I just put the light back in to stop any unwanted weather in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.