Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making my block heater accessilble from the lower air dam and I noticed about a 1/2" tube that comes down by the lower crank pulley. It looks to be some kind of vent tube or something.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody know what this is .Any info would be appreciated as it's driving me nuts not knowing for sure,

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Crankcase vent, I do believe...

Ty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is kinda what I thought as there was a little oil residue near it . Thanks for the reply.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
aketay said:
Hoot, What's the plastic/rubber on your oil pan?

Hoots plucking turkey feathers ....

That is sound deading insulation ,goo....

Mac

Oops I should have added all Duramax's should have it ...Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mackin. I was under the truck Sat. lubing the zerks and saw this same greasy tube. The sound deadner was not present, but I did find the block heater was unplugged....remnant from the water pump that was replaced.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hoot, in the upper left hand corner of your picture there seems to be a tapped boss on the block. The threads look awfull clean. A bolts not missing that should be there is their? I know you just got your truck back. Didn't forget anything did they? It looks like the bracket just left of it would not leave much room for anything in that hole though. You and your truck have been through enough. Just wanted to make sure she's OK.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts