Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats is legal load limit for non commercial and commercial trailer haulers. If a non commercial hauler is running at 25k including truck and trailer does he need to go through weigh stations? If a commercial hauler is doing the same does he need cdl, med card, dot stickers etc?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
for non commercial your pretty much ok as long as the trailer says not for hire on it, or unless it definately doesnt look commercial. commercial it all depends any truck over 26k, or any truck pulling a trailer over 10k, must weigh in.

cdl goes like this

class B straight truck exceeding 26001 with a trailer not exceeding 10,001.

Class A straght or combinaton wher the truck exceeds 26,001 and the trailer exceeds 10,001.

there is a such thing, at least in pa, as a non commercial class b, and class a

if you need a cdl you need a med card, no big deal, doc likes to see me every two years.

any commercial carrier regardless of weight needs DOT and MC numbers and has to post them on the truck.

cant remember the rules for IFTA and apportioned tags. have to look them up.

just remember dont exceed any of the weight limits, GAWR, GVWR, or GCWR. and if your carring more than 10k trailer commercially make sure your tagged combination.

BROKER can you help clarify anything i have wrong. i dont know everything i just push the pedals and turn the wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts