Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I purchased a fuel line replacement kit Dorman 919-845 and a fuel cooler 904-180:

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-79677-904-180.aspx

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-79677-919-845.aspx

The issues I am having is the feed line is kinked in two spots, by the transmission and by the fuel rail. And the quick connect fittings for the fuel cooler lead causing the truck to lose prime. Has anyone else had any fitment issues?

I called Dorman, they said it should fit and get another kit, I've returned one and got another one and it has the same fitment issue. I don't really want to pay for a 3rd one from RockAuto if it's not going to fit also (Sure I get my money back eventually).

Has anyone else had any issues? I went to a local place that makes hoses, they said they can shorten the braided hoses to fit for $60. I will probably just end up doing that.

I have a stock 06 2500 Silverado, LBZ, extended cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did this end up for you? I installed the front line tonight, and hooked up the half inch line. The return line and bracket are still not mounted. I can already feel that there will be some excess hose on the feed side when I try to get the bracket on the stud. I’ve read elsewhere that loosening the engine side lines relieves some stress on the line. I’m considering leaving the bracket off of the stud and finding some other way to prevent vibration on the lines (zip ties?). Let me know how you approached it. Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
How did this end up for you? I installed the front line tonight, and hooked up the half inch line. The return line and bracket are still not mounted. I can already feel that there will be some excess hose on the feed side when I try to get the bracket on the stud. I’ve read elsewhere that loosening the engine side lines relieves some stress on the line. I’m considering leaving the bracket off of the stud and finding some other way to prevent vibration on the lines (zip ties?). Let me know how you approached it. Thanks.
I'd cut those braided lines off at the crimp and installed hose and constant tension clamps. The SS lines are definitely well worthy the peace of mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts