Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 Silverado D/A, I noticed recently that on the lower door trim of the doors on my drivers side, there where two bulges in each of the plastic trim. (A horizontal trim)

I took the truck to the dealer body shop, and the rep was like, never seen that before. He went ahead and ordered two new replacement moldings and had the body shop paint them.

It turned out that when the original moldings were installed on the truck, the UPC bar code was not removed from the back side adhesive. Thereby causing the mouldings to bulge.

We looked on the dealer lot yesterday at a new 04, and it already had the same bulges.

I think this trim is generally color coated to the vehicle on certain packages, some trucks just have a general black one and others dont have the trim at all.

Has anyone else noticed this on their truck?

·
Registered
687 Posts
YEP... Notice it on most of them. General waves, wrinkles, etc. I'll probably try to get it warrantied whenI take it in near the 36k mark.

I have the color coded moulding on mine.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer I use is a reputable and large dealer in this area, I was surprised when he said he never saw it before.

Which either means it isn't happening often, or people are not noticing the bulges. Mine were pretty obvious, more so when it was 80-90 out. I didnt take a photo of them when they were bulged.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mine has bulges as well. I'm with nassdmax, I'll not take it in till 35k+ mi.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mine was delivered with them. Now that it is warm out it is really noticable! Not really worried about it. Was actually thinkin while it is so new maybe heating them with a hair drier and pulling them off all together.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Me too. Mine come and go.Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
134 Posts
I feel a little dumb, but where are these moldings you're talking about?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ahhhhhh, Mine are all chromed, that's why I was getting confused. Thank you...now I am going to have to take a look to see if they are bulging.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts