Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an '03 Yukon XL and the sill plate at the bottom of the door opening (not sure if I am describing this right) is nicely covered by a plastic step covering. This is the space between where the carpeting stops and the exterior/very bottom of the body starts. The Yukon is nicely protected from people stepping on the exposed paint and scratching it up as they step into the vehicle.

My Silverado does not have this
. The paint on bottom of door opening is just begging
for someone to step on it with sand/gravel in their shoe tread and scratch it all up. Does anyone know if these can be purchased and what they are really called? Not sure why GM did this for the SUV and not the truck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
The plastic one's that I've seen were made by AutoVentShade I believe. I think there's some others that make stainless protectors for that area too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the VentShade and they don't cover the area as well as the stock ones in the Yukons. I don't know why, usually aftermarket stuff is better than the OEM, which is why it was made. People needed something GM didn't make and the aftermarket did. The dealer told me that the sill guards from a yukon wouldn't fit, does anyone know if they will? This would help other people.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think I have seen somebody use the Yukon or Suburban protectors on their Silverado. They sure do need protection though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the Auto Ventshade also, can't beat the protection for the dollar value. I think I paid 6 bucks at Auto Zone for them!

Russ

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Auto ventshade is the way to go. I think you can get them in different colors, too, other than black. They're on my Crew Cab.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check Walmart- they have them here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Putco makes a very nice stainless sill plate if you dont mind shelling out $$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts