Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having problems with my Drivers side front door lock and was wondering how tough it is to remove the door panel? 2004.5 CC

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Remove every screw you can find in the panel, you may have to look upside down to see them all. Sometimes you have to remove the grille from the speaker so the speaker can be removed before removing the panel. Lift upwards on the panel to unhook it and unplug all the electrical connections.

·
Premium Member
18,124 Posts
Remove the lock slider by prying the rear out with putty knife.
Remove the surround at interior door handle by prying the leading edge loose and lifting out.
Remove the 7mm headed screw behind/below the grab handle.
Pull the whole panel straight upward and toward you to remove partially.
Reach between remove the courtesy lamp by rocking the socket downward.
Unplug the power switches by squeezing the tab and pulling EXCEPT
Unplug the power window module by lifting the tab(blue or gray) in a rotating fashion then unpluuging.

I can actually pull the whole door in the same time frame.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You will never find all of he hidden screws. Go to Schaefenacker on the web. They sell tow mirrors and have an instruction pdf that tells how to remove the door panel in detail. Of check www.ttt-mirror.com

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Edity won't load, so with another post, once you go to the above site, click "fitting instructions." Lot of good pics to add to heymccall's instructions.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
There's another 7mm screw under the door lock slider you have to remove too. And the one under the door pull handle. The rest are just "1-way" clips. Buy you some before yanking it off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.I'll try to fix it this weekend.:thankyou2

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I don't recall any clips on the door panel. It lifts off of hangers IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts