Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found something odd with my 04 that I don't recall on my 02. I only have one key hole, driver's door only, out of my 4 doors. Hmmm. I think my 02 had one on the passengers? When I got out hunting I only take a key with me. For some reason I'm always walking up on the passenger side or that's the side it's not windy on. So then I have to go to the drivers side just to open the door. Not quite to happy about it but oh well. Minor vent here....

Can anyone tell me when they changed that?

cmc

·
Registered
429 Posts
To save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

That would be my guess.

Josh

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just like the light under the hood, they found another way to maximise their profit at our expence. Someone else might try to tell you it is a security issue, but what do you do if one lock freezes in the middle of nowhere???

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
'04's lost the passanger side door key cylinder and the glove box light.

Does anyone with bucket seats have 4 coin slots in the wanabe storage compartment between the seats? I only have 3...guess pennies don't count any more.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
OH I guess they save a few $$ by not putting it on the passenger side.

They started doing this on the Corvettes back in 2000. I spoke with Dave Hill who is the Corvette Chief Engineer about it. He stated that since most vehicles now have the remote locks that people were not using the passenger side OR the drivers side lock so they eliminated the passenger side lock.

My last 4 vehicles have had the remote locks and I cant remember using the key on any of the locks since.

The missing under hood light is just stupid if you ask me. I went to a few salvage yards to find a ’88 - 2000 GM truck to rob the light off one. Problem is, there are no GM trucks in the salvage yards.

Edited by: HD-Nate

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's one less spot for someone to break in. I like that there isn't a passenger side door lock. My BMW 740iL doesn't have a passenger door lock. Are they being cheap? I don't think so, IMHO. That's what keyless entry is for. The only reason there is door lock cylinder at all is because we might break our remotes or the battery might die.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Add the lack of a front license plate bracket to the list of cheapo items they cut from a $48,000 truck. They also cut out the door trim that used to continue on the truck bed. It doesn't look too bad on the SBs but it looks stupid on the LBs. I am planning to add some paint matched trim in front of the rear wheels.

Ready to fill out the GM survey!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts