Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I push the power door lock button to lock the doors when I'm getting out of the truck, there is an alarm tone the first time I press it. It takes a second press of the button to make the doors lock. The tone doesn't sound on the second press of the button.

What is that 'tone' trying to tell me? :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Look for "door lock delay" in the DIC menus and in the DIC section of the manual. I was reading about it last night. This function only applies to crew cabs and maybe yours got turned on somehow. I think the default is off.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out. Mine is a Crew Cab.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It will chime to tell you the doors are going to lock after you close them all.
If you push it and get out you have time to open the back door or re-enter before they lock.
After the doors are closed for around 20-30 seconds they will lock.

I love this feature for some reason.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'll be dawg, ain't that just as slick as shxx! :cool2:

I just went down to the garage to try it and just like y'all say, it's a door lock delay. Hit the button once, chime tones 3 times, shut the door and 5 seconds later they all lock. Looked in the manual and found it described just like y'all said.

Unfortunately, I had left the key in the ignition, pulled out about a 1/4" to kill the chime. So, guess what? ):h Doors locked and the damned key is in there. :ro)

The manual says this feature won't lock the doors if the key is left in the ignition but I bet they didn't plan on guys like me that pull it back a 1/4" and leave it in.

Fortunately, I had a duplicate cut a couple days after I bought the truck that I keep separate from the one on the FOB. Saved the day! :grd:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You could have called "ON-Star" and had them open the doors for you!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Unfortunately, I had left the key in the ignition, pulled out about a 1/4" to kill the chime. So, guess what? ):h Doors locked and the damned key is in there. :ro)

The manual says this feature won't lock the doors if the key is left in the ignition but I bet they didn't plan on guys like me that pull it back a 1/4" and leave it in.

I got to tell you that gave me the best laugh of the day. :lol:

GM designed the system so you can't lock your keys in the truck and you still managed to do it.

No offense

Just funny :muahaha:

DD

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could have called "ON-Star" and had them open the doors for you!
Didn't want to waste any of my 30 free calling minutes, plus my spare key was handy. :ro)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts