Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or whatever it's called .... My new '04 3500 did not come with the stainless trim piece that runs along the side of the truck and I have already picked up a serious dent that it would have prevented. Does anyone know the part number? I think I'll order a set if they stick on with tape. Any reason it wouldn't look right on a dually?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
473 Posts
Do a search for Stainless Steel. Rocker Panel Moldings. Just about any Truck accessary places sell them. Most of them stick on with 3M type adhesive tape. I have seen quite a few Dually's with them on, Yes the do protect your rocker panels.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I put a 4" tall dent in my passenger rear door. I bought the bodyside moldings that come on the doors of a GMC Youkon XL w/ fender flares. List: $ 447.40. My cost: 357.37 + paint and installation. Looks great !!! The bodyshop wanted to paint 1/2 the front door and 1/2 of the truck bed in order to match the paint. I didn't want 1/4 of my new truck repainted.

part#s: 15073878, 15073879, 15074313, 15074312

Edited by: Duallyvette

·
Registered
473 Posts
My Stainless Steel. Rocker Panel Moldings on my 03 Tahoe only cost me $125.00.

·
Registered
170 Posts
BIGMoe, Don't you mean "Stainless Steel Rocker Panel TRIM. The Body side molding that I was recommending is 7 inches wide w/a crome trim strip embedded. It is made of rubber or plastic and will absorb some small impacts. This saved me from having the dent repaired and 1/4 of my truck painted. I know that you can buy rolls of rubberized body side moldings for a lower price. I saw this molding on a GMC Youkon XL. thought it looked good, and it was wider than the rolls of molding that I found. "Son of a gun" was looking for "door guard bump strip" rather than "shiny sticky rocker panels"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Note the bodyside molding

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, Sorry about that. My 03 Silverado came with that Body Side Molding. I guess I wasn't thinking, it is part of the LT package. Nice looking ride you have!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
BIGMoe The dually LT doesn't come with any body side molding. This molding is 7 inches wide and comes on a GMC Youkon XL with fender flares. A Youkon XL without fender flares has a similar 4 pc. molding on each side.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duallyvette,

Do you by any change have a part number for the molding you bought? That's what I want.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Son of a gun, The part #'s are in my first post. also retail and jobber prices. They're not cheap, but a great alternative to having the bodyshop try to match the paint while repairing a dent. I just covered the dent up

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hello again, I seen a GMC Crew Cab Duelly That had that black molding on it and after talking to the guy, he said they are standard on some GM pickups. He said his didn't have them on when he got it. His dealer sold him on these because he didn't have to have them painted. A little less cost, painting is getting expensive. Just my $0.02 worth!!!!

I do like the looks of the painted one's on Duallyvette's pickup!!!! They really dress it up.
Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
170 Posts
I needed the full 7 inches of width to cover my dent. I hated to spend the $$, but I didn't want the bodyshop to paint 1/2 of my front door and bed to blend the paint on the dented door. I also don't like the black fender flares and door handles. A big black 4 1/2 inch wide molding wouldn't make me happy. I've also seen a smaller (4 inch)painted/crome molding on some 2003 LT trucks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I agree with you on the black fender flares and door handles. Our 03 Tahoe has the door handles painted to match exterior color, it didn't come with fender flairs. My 03 Silverado LT did have the fender flares painted to match the rest of the truck. I have noticed some are painted to match and others are black. The mirrors on our 03 Tahoe are also painted to match.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GM does make a stainless steel bump strip for the 3500 dually. Part #s are: 15200596 (front door) and 15744371 (rear door). I paid $41 for fronts and $32 for rears (each). I like Duallyvette's but the price with painting was more than I needed.

Thanks to all,
Bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the bump strips mounted last night. They should be standard on these trucks!!

They are about 1 1/2 inches wide and taper to a point at the front of the front door and the back of the rear door. They are standard on lots of GM products. I would certainally recommend that you get these or the ones DuallyVette got to protect your doors. The ones I got cost $156 out the door.

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts