Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know hoow to totally disable the noisey chime system. A fuse to pull, wire to cut or anything. I've got it turned down as far as you can but it still hurts my ears.:help:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How did you turn it down?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
theres no way to kill the chime short of putting in an aftermarket radio...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Isn't their a wire that feeds to the back of the sterio or into the amp that carries the signal for the chime. Or is it controled on the BUS?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chime

There is a procedure for turning down the volume in the owners manual, but turned down as far as it will go is still to loud.

I read that there is a green wire on the electric body module wiring harness ( where ever that is) that you can cut and disable the chime. I haven't been able to find anymore info than that. I would love to know where the little green wire is. Thanks guys. Bill.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
sorry about that...I just assumed that mod would also kill the dome light when you opened the driver door as well...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much, catch007 and problemchild it worked like a champ. I couldn't figure out how to get the wire out of the plug so I just cut it as you said. No more chime. Tickles me pink. Thanks. Bill

·
Registered
363 Posts
Any idea which of the disable techniques work best on an '04 truck? I've got two. A GMC Quadrasteer 1/2 ton and a Chevy LT Crewcab LLY Duramax. The door chimes in both of 'em drive me batty. It seems to come through the entire stereo system, so I would think it's more involved than disabling a little piezo speaker / buzzer under the dash somewhere.
I appreciate any input.
Thanks.

Gar

[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just did my 05 as per catch007's thread and it works great. I don''t know what year his pickup was but mine was just like his according to the pictures.

You have two 7mm screws to take out of your lower dash panel and carefully remove it. Under the steering there are three plug-in connectors. The far right one should be light blue in color and have a solid green wire in the lower left corner. I cut that wire, the chime no longer works. Everything else works great. Iam very pleased and thankful for catch007's input. Look at it. He has great pictures that will help. Hope this helps. Bill:grd:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did it on my 05 just like your attachment said and it worked great. No more chime. Everything else works great. Thank you so much. Bill

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks again for all the great information.
I cut the green wires on both my '04 trucks.
No more annoying chime:)

Gar

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you want to totally get rid of it then cutting the wire would be the only solution. But if you are only wanting to get rid of the chime sometimes, say for example when you have the radio on when you are cleaning your truck, then you can press the "tune" button on the factory radio and it will turn the chime off temporarily. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
693 Posts
hmmmm i have just been switching the door trigger.

·
Registered
363 Posts
if you are only wanting to get rid of the chime sometimes, say for example when you have the radio on when you are cleaning your truck, then you can press the "tune" button on the factory radio and it will turn the chime off temporarily. Pretty neat.
Very interesting. I never knew that or I might not have gone to the trouble of cutting the wire, not that it was a lot of work really.

I guess reading the owners manual is kind of a good idea:D

Gar

·
Registered
153 Posts
cut GREEN wire

Cutting my green wire on my 05 didnt stop the chime!!!!! so its fixed, now what???

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Ice pick anyone? That is some funny ****, and listen to it slowely die.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Be sure you are cutting the right wire
FYI the green wire for the chime is on connector J4 terminal A1 on the TBC (Truck Body Computer). If you look on the TBC below each connector a "J" number is molded into the plastic that identifies it. The wire to remove comes from the key switch and tell the computer the key is in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts