Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 crew cab with bose,and the door chime is extremely loud.It sounds like it uses the driver side speaker,Is there any way to disable this feature or at least turn it down? Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm with ya 4forme, i was lookin' around for the ringer and hearing it loud out of the bose.....will patiently be awaitng the fix also if there is one. ps a few choice loud words while under the dash..right?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The annoying chime is produced by the Bose head unit and has two levels which can be adjusted: normal and loud. Or rather....loud and really friggin' loud!

I too can't bare the noise and anyone that's rode or been around my truck when a door was open can't believe how loud the chime is. Very excessive.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It drove me nuts when I was wiring my guages for my airbags. All I wanted was to listen to the radio while I worked, instead the chime was driving me nuts. Someone said that you can flip the latch on the door while its open and it will turn off. I haven't tried it but its supposed to work. Just be sure not to slam the door shut until you open it again.

Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on someone must have had enough! Its the only complaint from me! DONG DONG DONG!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Complain to your dealers!

If we get enough complaints, maybe something will be done, like what happened with the "too-bright" blue hi-beam light in the dash.

Enough people bitched and they finally adjusted it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I don't recall the procedure off the top of my head. It is mentioned in the owner's manual. If you think "normal" is loud you'll be surprised how annoying "loud" is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts