Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for raising an old point but i've spent the last 2 hours searching and working on this.

The chime coming from the door speaker when the doors open or seatbelt not fastened etc is as you all know very annoying.

I cut the thin green wire as shown in a previous post but that didnt work.

Anyone know what works for a 2003 2500HD duramax to permanently disable the amazingly annoying ding ding ding ding Arrgghhhh!!!

Pete

·
Registered
249 Posts
Trick the door into thinking it's closed!

You can temporarily turn off the alarm by tripping the door latch with your finger or a screwdriver. The truck thinks the door is closed and turns the chimes off. Just remember to pull the door latch before closing the door. I think that anything else you do will affect other items beside the alarms.

·
Registered
106 Posts
is there not an alarm solenoid under the dash you can simply remove like on some of the other trucks?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's a thread where we went over this issue. I understand your frustration. I now enjoy my truck even more since it isn't yelling at me. I said it before - that's my wife's job.:D

In my case, the seat belt alarm bothered me the most. The door alarm I can live with.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108602

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
cprdnick;1576331; said:
is there not an alarm solenoid under the dash you can simply remove like on some of the other trucks?
not on 03+ trucks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Look in the owners manaul there is away to turn down, but not off the chime using some of radios controls I did it on my truck but have forgot how to do it.You may also see if www.gmupfitter.com has information.

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
i was just going to say hold down the tune button on the stereo, but thats what the other tread says

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine plays out of the drivers speaker through the audio system.
I allready have it turned to the lowest setting using the radio.
I tried holding down the tune button but that doesnt work.
The door switch thing isnt going to work as i need a permanent fix.
I tried unplugging the seatbelt connector yesterday, might have gotten the wrong plug as it just stopped the seat heater from working.(it was a pain to get to, cost a couple of skinned knuckles!)

Would the Tech 2 program,mer work on mine to program it out anyone know?

Thanks

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts