Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i got my truck about a month ago and did some searching on here and the result was i ended up with banks air intake, magnaflow turbo back, and ppe programmer. The truck feels and sounds amazing i never thought that this truck can get up and go this fast o and its only on level 3 kinda scared to go any higher due to the tranny as i've read on here that its somewhat weak after 400+rwhp?? This is my first diesel so i really don't know so if anyone has any suggestions just let me know. I want to thank Dan at PPE for the prompt turn around of the programmer and Chad at Alligator Performance for the great prices shared with me and for the info past on to a newbie. Thanks again to everyone here as well. Btw with these mods that i have what is the rwhp that i should be at more or less?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Don't go past level 2 if you don't want to hurt your tranny IMO. I have done the Transgo Jr. and won't go past level 2.

You are at 360-370 rwhp. Dyno sheet is in my garage and I was on level 3 just for that one pull.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Well, i got my truck about a month ago and did some searching on here and the result was i ended up with banks air intake, magnaflow turbo back, and ppe programmer. The truck feels and sounds amazing i never thought that this truck can get up and go this fast o and its only on level 3 kinda scared to go any higher due to the tranny as i've read on here that its somewhat weak after 400+rwhp?? This is my first diesel so i really don't know so if anyone has any suggestions just let me know. I want to thank Dan at PPE for the prompt turn around of the programmer and Chad at Alligator Performance for the great prices shared with me and for the info past on to a newbie. Thanks again to everyone here as well. Btw with these mods that i have what is the rwhp that i should be at more or less?
Thanks for the kind words:cool: You should be around 360-380 rwhp, good enough for a 14.0 second pass at the drag strip. Stock os around 15.5

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't go past level 2 if you don't want to hurt your tranny IMO. I have done the Transgo Jr. and won't go past level 2.

You are at 360-370 rwhp. Dyno sheet is in my garage and I was on level 3 just for that one pull.

was that on stock tires or were u running the 35's when u dynoed

·
Registered
329 Posts
we have similar mods.. just trying to get an estimate of where i might be.

·
Registered
837 Posts
c55, might want to go ahead with a lift pump, I am about in the same boat as you, and that is prolly my next mod. I do not know if the truck provides enough fuel for the level 3 tune on PPE?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
c55, might want to go ahead with a lift pump, I am about in the same boat as you, and that is prolly my next mod. I do not know if the truck provides enough fuel for the level 3 tune on PPE?
Where would i be able to get a lift pump?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i did some searching and i found a few different type of lift pumps, which one would i need for my setup which consist of ppe and dpf delete? I saw ppe and fass don't know which one would be better. If this has been talked about b/f sorry for beating on a dead horse but did some searching on here but did not see anything that can help me on my decision. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.