Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took all Friday and Saturday, but finally finished the lift install on my truck.

Did it in my driveway, which sucked because its at 22* slope, so there was quite a few time i had to chase sockets down into the street. I also didn't use a torsion bar unloader tool, i think the way i did it was much safer and easier as well.

Didn't run into any problems, runs smooth, quiet and rattle free. The torsion bars are at the factory settings...not cranked. Only thing im pissed about it actually a compliment to the precision on tuff country's lifts. I took it after i was done to get it aligned. Paid $70 bux and found out that the camber/caster specs were dead on factory settings. I didn't even need and alignment! the toe was off but thats easy to do yourself. Of course sears still charged me even though they didn't really do anything.

Anyway, Im happy, i think it came out great, I haven't seen another k2500hd done with 6'' lift and 39''s, and on top of all that the price was right. Total cost including beer for the install was under $3600 bux.

PICS:

THIS

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

PLUS THIS

EQUALS THIS!

More pictures here:
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/camarossguy2/2003 Duramax K2500HD/?start=all

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Man, that looks really good. These TC lifts ride really nice. How much did you cut out for those massive tires?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEAVYdutyDMAX;1737233; said:
Man, that looks really good. These TC lifts ride really nice. How much did you cut out for those massive tires?
Just the basic install requirements for the bushwhacker fender flares.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks good with the big tires. Does the TC kit drop the front a full 6"? I ask because it looks like your CV angles aren't exactly flat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
BMGhauler;1737286; said:
Looks good with the big tires. Does the TC kit drop the front a full 6"? I ask because it looks like your CV angles aren't exactly flat.
You know, I'd have to get under there and check. It drops the LCAs a full 6'', but may only drop the diff 4'' to 5'', I'd assume for the front drive shaft angle. I could be wrong, I wasn't really looking for that.

EDIT
Went out a re looked at it and I would estimate it dropped the diff a full 6''. The truck was not on a level surface in those pictures and the wheel were not turned straight either, i think that might have affected it in those pictures

·
Registered
820 Posts
your truck looks sweet! love the cutout flares.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, looks great! How straight does your truck track? I've got a 4" TC and have had it aligned twice and it still tracks slightly to one side.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
junkyardrules;1737803; said:
Wow, looks great! How straight does your truck track? I've got a 4" TC and have had it aligned twice and it still tracks slightly to one side.

Perfectly straight

·
Registered
425 Posts
camarossguy2;1737165; said:
Did it in my driveway, which sucked because its at 22* slope, so there was quite a few time i had to chase sockets down into the street.
HAHA... I pictured this and had to laugh! :D Been there, done that! Truck looks great!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Awesome, that looks tough. Driveway install....been there done that. Spent half my time tracking down runaway tools also, LOL.

Great job.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Looks good! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
looks great the toughest part i bet was that first cut in the fender

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Looks good do you know what BS your wheels have?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Man, that's a beefy truck. Nicely done sir.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looks nice. Cut outs look awesome. Wish I would have had the nuts for cuts, but I'll stick to my 4" and 33s.
Great job!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts