Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2004 the last day September. All was well till about a week and half later. One key remote died and then a couple of days later the second was shot. I got that fixed and decided I take it by let them listen to squiek it made when you pushed the clutch in. They sad it was the release bearing. They put a new bearing in it and put it back together and it still squieked. To make a long story short they put a new flywheel, clutch,bearing and slave cylinder in it. Because the clutch had oil on it. Then last week I rolled the back window down it didn't roll up. I had take door panel off to roll the window up so somebody wouldn't steel every thing I had. And then three days ago I pulled up to the stop sign and the tranny wouldn't let me take it out of sixth gear. Its a wonder I didn't break the shifter off. But after about ten rounds of jerking and getting mad it finally came out. And to top all that off I just noticed the front black bumper cover has shrunk and want fit the bumper. And I've only got 4000 miles on it.
I hate do it but as soon as they get that Ford motor worked out theres going to be one sitting in the yard.

·
Registered
446 Posts
<DIV>

Go get the Ford! I'm sure you will love it when your standing on the side of the road wishing you had kept the Duramax.

Sorry if I seem rude but the few problems you've had with the truck are minor. I agree the problems with the tranny are a piss off. It sounds as if the dealer was trying to make some warranty money off of your truck.</DIV>

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Sorry to hear of the trouble.

All trucks are built by people and not all trucks are the same.

I have had a steering bearing replaced, one door lock slider ( kept popping off ) replaced, a dealer that broke one of the tinted windows in the pass. rear crew cab door, oh that's right it just broke for no reason

I have also requested and gotten Multiple reflashes for tranny shift business as well normal updates.

So far I will say this is the best truck I have ever owned. I can deal with a few thing as I know it is a machine, assembled by humans.

It does suck to have problems though.

Keep your head up it does get better.

T
NY

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I owned two Strokers since 99, and let me tell you I became very good friends with the parts and service people. I had my share problems...none that were major. The new 6.0L kept me away this time...those friends of mine at the blue oval told me everytime I was in at least your not driving the 6.0.

Both truck have things better that the other, does it make one truck better than the other....I really do not think so. They are both good trucks. But my suggestion....let the '04 get the bugs out and revisit the idea after they had time to prove themselves. And who knows maybe you'll have fallen back in love with your ol duramax.

·
Registered
32 Posts
GO GET YOU A FURD WITH A FORD FESTIVA STEERING WHEEL AND TARUS FRONT BRAKES AND A MUSTANG RADIO AND MINIVAN TIE RODS AND BALL JOINTS...SO GOOD LUCK....

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I hate to break it Ford trucks are not that bad.

Ok I am ready now

·
Registered
946 Posts
Man I have got 6,000 on mine already and that thing is awesome! I hate the fact it took me too long to get rid of that crappy little dodge and get a brute in the Chevy.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got 50k miles on mine it works like a swiss watch

·
Registered
149 Posts
yup- mines great too! Had 1 mirror replaced for not telescoping, and spacers put in rear springs to stop rattling- that's it!A buddy of mine bought the Ford 6 litre 5 months after I bought my GM
and has met everyone at the dealership many times over already. Fix or repair daily certainly fits with that motor.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I didn't know you could get a Duramax with standard shift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always had Chevy trucks. Then 1996 I thought I would try a power stroke because my trouble free 6.2L was under powered. In 1998 Ford finally bought the truck back and put me in a 99 power stroke that I couldn't keep a tranny in. Now I have an 02 Chevy HD with an 8.1L/Allison. In 19k mile I've had a few minor things but nothing major like the Fords. I'll stick to my Chevy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts