Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from guys that have installed a boost stick, I am very interested in getting one, just need a few details, like where is the added power noticable, and does it really lower egts, egts on these trucks worry me , and if that will lower mine , i will buy it!

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Yes it does! The power is overall, but seems more down low.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Might order it tonight, the credit card is out............:grd:

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Just keep an eye on the tranny. The BS is like upping the chip to the next higher setting!:)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Definately lowers EGT's when towing. Just gotta spool it up around 30 LBS and they drop like a rock. At least when using my Edge on level 2 while towing, I couldn't get the temps above 1100 degrees with my 40' camper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree about lower EGT's on a hard pull. Before BS I was fighting borderline temps and would back away on throttle and locked out the overdrive (mine is the 5 speed lly). Boost would only be high teens. Now, post BS, it kicks up to 28+ lbs and egt's drops "like a rock". Also I seem to hear extra turbo whine.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I don't seem to get boost numbers as high as kodiak or bigbud450, but it definitely does help.

I was pulling hard at high elevations last week and was able to keep EGTs much more in check with the BS. With a Predator 2.0 65 HP tune and the BS, I was building roughly 18 PSI sustained up big hills and would see spikes to about 28 PSI on shifts.

I still had to lockout OD and run in 4th on some big hills just to keep EGTs down, but I don't think you can really expect to run 70 + MPH up any hill out there in 5th. I certainly could have pulled these hills in 5th, but EGTs would have been 1400 sustained.

I need bigger exhaust!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I am definitely going to get it now, because I can hit 1300 now with no trailer, and about 20 lbs of boost.

·
Registered
113 Posts
trying to figure out this BS/FS/EGR plate combo...

I'm thinking about getting the edge ez. People on here are saying it's a good 'beginner' tuner, and it's easy to remove if necessary. Also I've read it works well on level 1 w/ a boost stick. My question is: if you put on a boost stick do you need a finger stick too? an EGR plate? both??

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
In my opinion the Boost Stick and Blocker plate should be sold together. The finger stick is just a code stopper. We ran without the it for about a year. We just added them last month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts