Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 02 brought to me at the shop, has fuel in oil and also external leak but runs fine and has good power.

So if it has fuel in the oil does that mean it has a bad injector right off the bat? I am assuming it does but just want to make sure first. I dont know much about the Dmax yet, havent had a chance to work on any of them.

My next question is if it is an injetcor how do I pinpoint without pulling the valve covers? Seems like alot of stuf to remove to pull the vc's.

I told him that the injectors were probably covered still under warrantee even though its over 100k but he brought it to me anyway.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
That is the most likely cause yes.

Balance rates should give you an idea what is going on. Tech 2, predator or other tuners and scan tools can read the balance rates for you.

Injector warrany is extended to 200k.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
First thing I would do is check balance rates as it could be a internal HP fuel leak in a line.

Yes that vehicle is covered under the 200 K 7 year replace all 8 injector campaign

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanx fellers. I will let him know again about the warrantee on them and see what he wants to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts