Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

all of you must read this story.. Is big brother watching us now..

From steve

http://www.msnbc.com/news/963677.asp?vts=090920031300

Part of Story

GM, a leader in EDR technology, has been installing the nondescript silver devices in its air-bag-equipped vehicles since 1974. The brains that fire air bags at the right moment, those first EDRs also recorded minimal data in crashes to help auto engineers and safety experts analyze bag deployment. Starting with its 2000-year vehicles, GM tweaked its recorders to capture even more data, during the five or six seconds before a crash. The enhanced EDRs are now installed in all GM models.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I bet they do to an extent .... That's how all the dam cops have been snagging me .... They record me check data and stick a cop in the woods like a spike strip ,Tag your it .... SOB ....

Mac

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
dmaxalli is correct. It is only used for accident investigation. The data that is actually recorded (ranging from throttle position, brake on/off, engine rpm, etc) is inadmissable in court. It gives the accident investagiting teams a very good recount of the situation, and the engineers on the platform can then improve the system for common injuries.

Before you get too upset at GM, all of the other major manufacturers do exactly the same thing!

Hope that helps... Nass.

·
Registered
463 Posts
On the contrary, I think it is actually a good thing. I see lots of wrecks in my job, and in some instances there are no witnesses, and unfortunately, sometimes no survivors. Knowing what was happening just prior to an accident may keep an innocent victim from being charged with the wreck, or help in the prosecution of a person who causes an accident. Not to mention, if the information is used to make a vehicle safer, everyone benifits...Including my family!

Kevin

·
Registered
845 Posts
Next theirs going to be Blood Alcohol Level testers in our vehicles....

Wont even be able to drive after having a beer, or a snort of liquid Dayquil/Nyquil.Guilty before proven innocent

On second thought, theyre already installing them in repeat DUI offenders vehicles.

Whats next....road"head" sensors...wont even be able to get a......Ah Never Mind.

Whats it matter anyways?.....Big Brothers watching everything we type do or say right now in our own homes.....

As for Mackin and I, The only way we can go incognito......Is sending a couple smoke signals up his way......We seem to attract the cops every other time we meet

I guess Its kinda good for some, bad for others, No matter who is at fault, its my truck. Ill fry the computer in my truck before someone else takes info out of my truck that may further incriminate me/them.

Next we wont even need cops anymore

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts