Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new LBZ this week. The dealer said I could keep anything off old truck I wanted. So does anyone know if wheels off a 96 dually 2wd will fit an 06 dually 4X4? If I had both trucks together I could try it. If they fit I will try to find a set of OEM dually wheels and keep my Weld aluminum wheels off the old truck. But if the bolt pattern is different or center hub hole different then I don't want to spend the money for OEM dually wheels. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not heard of any wheel changes, but I do not know for sure. The dealer's parts folks might be able to tell you the bolt pattern for both your '96 and the '06. Just an idea... Cheers.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
The wheels on the dually changed in '01. The bolt holes are different and the wheels in '01 are hub centric. I am speaking of stock wheels, but I assume aftermarket wheels would be the same way.
JP

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have done some checking it seems they still have the same bolt pattern 8X6.5 but I am not sure about this Hub Centric. What exactly does that mean? It is centering off the hub instead of the bolt holes or something? How does that work? Would the bolt hole be bigger or something and the nut flat instead of Acorn shapped? Just really curious here. I have noticed on wheel sites that wheels are seperated by year 2000, 2000 and up is one part and 1999 and down is another part. So there must be some change just really curious what it is and if I could adapt these wheels to fit on my new truck. The stock dually wheels leave a lot to be desired on the new truck and if I can change these wheels without costing me much I would like to do it. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Well I have done some checking it seems they still have the same bolt pattern 8X6.5 but I am not sure about this Hub Centric. What exactly does that mean? It is centering off the hub instead of the bolt holes or something?
That is correct.

Well How does that work? Would the bolt hole be bigger or something and the nut flat instead of Acorn shapped?
Yes again

It might be tough to get the older style wheels to fit "properly" on the new trucks. The hub center actually fits purty snug on the hub and this keeps it centered as opposed to cone shaped lugs doing the centering. I don't know what you would have to do to get the older style wheels to work, but it doesn't seem that it would be cost effective.
JP

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
your old rims will still work chevy has not changed the bolt pattern to my knowledge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts