1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
228 Posts
So is this crank height thing gonna affect you in anyway Mike?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Dunno about that crankshaft centerline bullsh^t. I've seen cars go over the wall that had 2" clearance between the pan and the track. Velocity will overcome all obstacles.

But if they are telling the truth about excessive smoke oiling down the track, they are going to need do something. Nobody likes getting loose at 1/2 track.

The NHRA does need to "freshen" the rulebook. It's still stuck in the 1960's. When you can't legally race a bone stock 2002 (several makes) car with airbags, OEM rollbar, automatic fuel shutoff, 3 pt reactive harnesses, traction control, etc, but you can run 12.00 with a junker 68' Nova running a lap belt, you know they are not watching the times.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, especially with the torsen bars dropped down

·
Registered
471 Posts
Now wait one hairy minute Michael. It's not a Dodge problem, it's a certain track with their head up their butts. It is diesel-envy, lol.

You won't have any problems with the height thing, it seems to be something that track uses when they have a diesel dominating their track series. Did you get your friend the pertinent information about Lima? I guess we should have given them his name instead of yours, oops.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smoke issue is somewhat of a dodge problem because the cummins guys like to overfuel like hell. Nitrous would "clean things up" but it is the devil to their #2 only philosophy.

is there a problem with the registration under my name or should it be under his name?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I like this response

"Sounds like to many people got beat by these 6500lbs beasts and cant handle the ego trip. Diesel racing in general is going to be the next big thing if these people want to believe it or not."

·
Registered
384 Posts
mtomac said:
The smoke issue is somewhat of a dodge problem because the cummins guys like to overfuel like hell.

because we can overfuel like hell

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yesEdited by: mtomac

·
Registered
33 Posts
Moot subject.

I guess the advantages of owning a truck, thats frame rails almost drag on the ground, was a short lived dream at best.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.