Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that they will be releasing info and taking orders for the new improved higher H.P./Torque cummins and a transmission change.(thought to be 600 ft lbs of torque and an Eaton Automatic).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wouldnt that be the cats meow...

What would make more sense though is for them to import some of those medium duty Mercedes Truck autos.... It's all the same company..

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Russ said:
Wouldnt that be the cats meow...

What would make more sense though is for them to import some of those medium duty Mercedes Truck autos.... It's all the same company..
They might not have a high enough rating.

MB AGS (Automated Gear Shift)
Two ratings....

170/520
250/600

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hoot,

If there is one trans that is UNDER rated it's MB. We have a ML430 with their 5 speed auto. If you look at it's as big as a Allison and doesn't miss a beat. If you ever see one apart man is it big over built clutch packs and a perfect converter. My friend has a 240D not exactly a power house but does have 350K miles on it. I really think MB diesel tranny would be moving me to the dodge side. They are sweet vehicles.

Lenny

·
Registered
909 Posts
We all keep pulling for Dodge to make a significant tranny change and it never happens. Maybe one of these times a tranny rumor will be true.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The 10th has come and gone and still no official word on the Dodge tranny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Cummins "600" will use the current NV5600 6spd manual and the 4spd R48 auto.

MikeyB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts