Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, will a wheel from a 98 dodge fit on my 05 chevy? I didn't know whether the bolt patterns were the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes they will. I think the only difference is that Dodge's wheels are hub centric where Chevy's are lug centric.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Some say that you will have vibrations and others say that you will not be able to tow as much because all the weight is now on the lugs. I had Dodge wheels on my 2002 and had no vibrations at all, smooth running. I also didn't have any issues with hauling 1200lbs in the bed and pulling 10,000 trailer. Do a search in this section using "lug centric" or something like that and you will find some posts.

LA DMAX

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these wheels are actually a weld dagger wheel they were installed on our 98 dodge drag truck and when we replaced them i just thought about putting them on my 05 chevy with a set of 285 tires. i just wondered if the bolt patterns were the same.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Yeah, both dodge, chevy, and even the pre ford super-duties all run a 8x6.5 bolt pattern.
What's a pre-Ford super duty?

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Yes they will. I think the only difference is that Dodge's wheels are hub centric where Chevy's are lug centric.
Isn't it the other way around?

Only OEMs are going to be hub-centric. It's the same part numbers by pattern size once you go aftermarket. They all seem to have a nice gap around our hubs.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
You may need a spacer to run Dodge rims. Check your backspacing.

Measure from the floor to back of the center on both wheels. If the Dodge is higher off the floor you will need to use a wheel spacer at least the thickness of the difference.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Stock wheels are hub centric for both. Aftermarket wheels have a bigger hole to fit Dodge and are lug centric on a Chevy.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
pre superduty is 99 and lower there is no 98 true f-250 they where the junk f-250 that looked like the f-150 and had 7lug wheels.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Stock wheels are hub centric for both. Aftermarket wheels have a bigger hole to fit Dodge and are lug centric on a Chevy.

Ok my bad. I knew somewhere down the line they were different. I thought it was from the factory.

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.