Discussion Starter #1
WHY DO YOU DO THIS?????

Those rims are made for an H2.

I know I will get some people made but I am just curious? Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ok, I'll be the first to bite...

Which is built on a chassis that resembles a SUV or truck more so than the Hummer brand, so who cares!Edited by: y2kboti

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
they're cheap $200 for a set of 4 rims 17" aluminum rims

·
Registered
125 Posts
Because the stock wheels look like they fit a Honda Civic!!!

... and at $125 for a set of four brand new take-offs, I figger'd I couldn't go wrong (just the wheels - I'm running 265x70-17 Bridgestone Revos).

:)

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
WHY DO YOU DO THIS?????

Those rims are made for an H2.

WHY NOT ???????????

·
Registered
511 Posts
I did it for the tires.

I paid $500 for the set which were already mounted and balanced! Thats a steal when you cosider the price of these tires and the cost of having them mounted/balanced, etc. taxes.

BTW, the H2 Rims fit Perfectly on the hub of our trucks and you dont even have to use different lug nuts AND the GM cap goes right on. ~~Who says they were'nt made for this axle?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I am not interested in them because they are very heavy and add significant unsprung weight.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would like to do it, but am concerned with how they will effect towing and shift points, etc. I tow an ~10,000lb 5er and need to make sure I get to the lake BEFORE my buddy with the 6.0 PSD does!! Maybe later.. sigh..

Bob

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Any time u go bigger tires and wider wheels u get more weight.

I change mine around all the time and don't recall much difference in weight but I'm used to throwing on 24.5 steel budds w/ tires.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I seem to recall that the PY0 forged wheel weighs around 19 lbs and the H2 cast wheel weighs over 40 lbs. I have my original PY0 with the original Flintstones, and I got a set of take off PY0 wheels for my winter Nokian snows. But I am not interested in going larger than 265/75-16

·
Registered
58 Posts
Because I like them and I'm different than you...and don't worry, you won't get me 'made'

·
Registered
958 Posts
Are you sure the H2 wheels are cast? I was told they're forged.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Forged are stronger than cast, would think they were forged.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With 265-x70-17s, the weight difference isn't that great. The look and ride were worth it to me. Heck, with the Chevy center caps they look better on my truck than they do on a Hummer!Edited by: NCMax

·
Registered
124 Posts
I REALLY like the way the H2 wheels look, especially the chromed version.... and I'm fairly certain they are forged.

QUOTE:

I would like to do it, but am concerned with how they will effect towing and shift points, etc. I tow an ~10,000lb 5er and need to make sure I get to the lake BEFORE my buddy with the 6.0 PSD does!! Maybe later.. sigh..

Bob

END QUOTE

I pull a 10,000 lb 5er behind mine, I also have a Quad 110 hp tuner (which I use to correct the speedo, and tow in the 70hp tune)...there is not a stock 6.0L PSD that can touch me towing up any hill. Just ask the guy towing 4 snowmobiles who tried to take me pulling Donner Summit.....all he saw was taillights...

·
Registered
353 Posts
WHY??

BECAUSE STOCK SUCKS!!!!

The H2 is made on a 2500 GM frame so they fit fine. If you are worried about shift points then go with a smaller tire. One that has the same diameter of the stockers. You will get better looks and no concerns.

Just my 2...

Mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
Someone who drives a 7000+ truck is worried about maybe 100 or so Lbs. of extra unsprung weight?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Rotating weight makes quite a bit more difference than carrying weight, I can see his point there but we've got more than enough engine to turn it!

·
Registered
754 Posts
The H2 wheels are forged by Alcoa. Weigh 34lbs. 315's weigh 64lbs. Weighed on shipping scales, have original Alcoa shipping boxes on rims, forged.

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was pretty darn sure that they were forged... Thanks for clearing it up VFRider...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts