Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately(last 5000 miles or so) I have been hearing a ping/knock when the engine is under slight load. This almost sounds like the type of ping a gas engine would have when using low octane fuel or bad timing. I have also had people comment on how much my trucks exhaust stinks. I guess these symtoms came on so gradually that I really didn't think much of it and thought they might disappear on their own. However, they seem to be getting worse and I sure don't remember these things going on when the truck was new. I made an appointment with the dealer for friday so I will find out if something is really wrong of if I'm nuts. I would have to say that the truck seems to be running just fine other than these few things. i haven't had fuel in the oil and not too much white smoke (very little if any). Do you think it's injectors?? BTW the truck has 68000 miles on it and it never goes anywhere without a trailer behind it. Also I know this is not the pilot injection turning off and I did do search on this subject b4 posting and all posts regarding this issue were pretty vauge. Is it my turn for injectors?
Sorry for my poor grammer and spelling.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My truck has similar issues. Mine 'ping/knock' was exagerated by my Edge; I have removed it for service work and still hear the 'ping' (although quieter). I would describe it exactly as you have. No oil in fuel (that I can tell). Let us know what you find out. Mine's going in next week for the fuel filter recall and I was going to have them check this out. I'm expecting "its normal" as an answer so if you get something meaningful from the dealer, keep us up to date.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,I can now say for sure that there is definatly something wrong with my truck. When I started this thread I had just got back from a 15 mile trip (with the trailer), then I ate some lunch, and then when I started it back up the SES light was on. -:t I will see what happens at the dealer on friday. I hate waiting. :mad:
BTW- My truck is completly stock. Other than a snow plow, a new stereo and sirius radio my truck is stock. Although if there was a way to make my wife think that the edge was a neseccity I would have one. See, really I would have all the go fast goodies on this truck but my wife seems to think that whenever I spend money on something that is not needed she can go buy more shoes and $500 purses:badidea: .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts