hello all

Does GM have Dual Alt for o4 models.. If so does any one
have the order code

From steve
Fleet

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have the dual alts on my truck. I think the option code is 8X5 @ $224. I will check my sticker in the morning to be sure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
smartfix,

Yes they do. flhrciblueice is right, the option code is; 8X5. It's available on the LB7 or LLY engine. You will have a hard time finding any trucks on the lot with that option in South Florida for some reason. I had to special order a truck last week because I wanted them. Where in southern Florida are you? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
where are the alternators located with the dual alt option? I may do propane inj down the line and I dont want that to interfere with the second alt. can someone post a pic

·
Registered
68 Posts
Here is a picture of the dual alternators on my '03.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dual alts on my '04 same as above pic.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello all

I'm having a hard time to to get Dual alts on our trucks.The Dealer keeps telling me its not in the books.. Can some one post there Sticker on this board so i can show this dealer

Unreal

From steve
Edited by: smartfix

·
Registered
570 Posts
Smartfix,

Here is the option codes my dealer gave me when I ordered. It's also in their computer when they special order a truck. This was for a Chevy.

<TABLE width="95%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=middle>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=left colSpan=2>
<H2>RPO Codes - Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD</H2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle colSpan=2>
<TABLE borderColor=#999999 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><T><T><T>
<T>
<TR align=right bgColor=#cccccc>
<TD colSpan=2><SELECT onchange="if(this.optionsselectedIndex.value) location.href=(this.optionsselectedIndex.value)" name=page target="_blank" target="_blank"><OPTION ed value="#A">A - H<OPTION value="#I">I - P<OPTION value="#Q">Q - Z</></TD></TR>
<TR bgColor=#cccccc>
<TD align=middle width="8%">Option
Code
</TD>
<TD>Description</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=content width="20%"><A name=""></A>
<CENTER>**2 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Seat trim, leather</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>**C </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Seat trim, cloth</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>**D </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Seat trim, Custom Cloth</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>**V </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Seat trim, vinyl</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5B5 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Power windows and mirrors (MSRP = $738.00) with Regular Cab and Extended Cab Models C/K25903 and C/K25953 (MSRP = $815.00) with Crew Cab Models C/K25943</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5G2 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Wheels, painted White (MSRP = $45.00)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5G4 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Provision for cab roof-mounted lamp (MSRP = $103.00)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5M7 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Provisions for speedometer calibration (MSRP = $2.00)Upfitter option</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5Q1 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Tail Lamp delete (MSRP = -$27.00 Credit)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5V1 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Carrier with spare wheel - no tire (MSRP = $82.00)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5X7 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Provision for body mounted warning lamp (MSRP = $98.00)Provides an instrument panel mounted switch and heavy duty electrical relay with hook-up terminal in the engine compartment for a body upfitter to connect a body mounted warning or emergency lamp. 40 amp nominal rating.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5Y0 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Provision for body mounted lamp with hook-up wiring (MSRP = $88.00)Provides an instrument panel mounted switch and electrical hook-up behind the cab for a body upfitter to connect a body mounted warning or emergency lamp. 21 amp nominal rating.</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>5Z4 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Spare wheel and tire delete (MSRP = -$110.00 Credit)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>6C7 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Console, roof with reading lamps (MSRP = $55.00)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<CENTER>6P3 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content width="80%">Camper Mirrors, remote control, power extendable, non heated (MSRP = $238.00)Alternative mirrors replacing mirrors that are standard wi

·
Registered
220 Posts
smartfix said:
hello all

I'm having a hard time to to get Dual alts on our trucks.The Dealer keeps telling me its not in the books.. Can some one post there Sticker on this board so i can show this dealer

Unreal

From steve
FWIW, you can even go to the Chevy website
and "build it" on the web. Select the Duramax
engine and the 8X5 option appears - at $224.00
cost.

See http://www.chevy.com/silverado to build it.

hth,

T.

·
Registered
570 Posts
<H4>Updates for Silverado 2500HD</H4>
<H4>Week of 12/15/2003</H4>Effective 12/15/2003, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

<UL>
<LI>SEO Mechanical section-(8X5) Alternators, dual 105 amp, changed (LB7) to (LLY) in the footnote</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Why not run 1 HO (245 amp) alt?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts