Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to replace my factory speakers and know that I have 6.5" in front and back but don't know what size I have in front in addition to the 6.5" Can someone give me hand and let me know what size to order? Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes you have tweeters up front, but they are none too special. 6.5's are good. I would suggest adding a set of tweeters to the front a pillars. Much better sound.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yeah the old 2001-2002 UQ3 (or was it UQ5?) audio systems were not the greatest sound system in the world. It includes a tweeter mounted right above each front door speaker, but theyre wired in parallel with the door speakers. No real crossover or anything. From the factory, only the Bose systems get the A-pillar mounted tweeters.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I'm thinking of doing is just replacing all factory speakers, is it worth doing???? Or is the head unit a POS and I won't notice any difference? Any suggestions on what I should get for speakers?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
What I'm thinking of doing is just replacing all factory speakers, is it worth doing???? Or is the head unit a POS and I won't notice any difference? Any suggestions on what I should get for speakers?

:eek: :eek: :eek: You want to do what?

If you choose to do that, rip it all out and start over. Bose makes their components compatible to Bose only. With Bose, you can't mix 'n match stuff. It will sound like crap.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
He has a 2001...no Bose

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
The wiring should be there and you will need to get new pillars to splice the tweeters into. Should be no problem, just find some tweeters that you want to use and wire them up. Run the wires down the pillars and into the dash and then hook them up. Find the wiring diagram for the stereo and that should work for you.. Talk to Max Power, I am sure that he has or can get that diagram for you.. Good luck..

How big a deal is it to add tweeters to a pillar? on my 02
Is there any wiring to splice into for tweeters?
Merle

·
Registered
488 Posts
Where is a good place to look for tweeters?, I can drill the a pillars no problem but I really don't know where to look for tweeters as I have never upgraded a sound system in my life.
Merle

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was told last night by a stereo shop that I have (upfront) two 6.5" and two 4"x6"..........is that right? They also said same for the back. This is for an '01 crew cab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts