• Check front bearing hubs, feel loose
  • Front pass. Seatbelt squeaking
  • Surge when idling at low speeds
  • A pop or backfire like sound under the hood at up shift under load
  • Front bumper cover pulling away from bumper on corners

·
Registered
230 Posts
Let us know what the dealer's reaction. I, too, have issues similar to yours.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Actually, i think they get mad.....

That was some list. Here are my thoughts based on what I've learned from the Diesel Place:

Sollly said:
Warranty Issues

Windshield tapping noise windshield trim or cowl loose
Tailgate cable recall normal recall
Rear seat belt loop recall normal recall
Driver power seat up/down doesn’t work reflash
Driver seat loses memory reflash
Clunk when in 4 WD going slow over bumps intermediate steering shaft
Steering wheel clunks when turning slow see above
Rear differential cover seeping drain or fill plug cross threaded?
Mirrors rattle, can’t see above 35 mph someone here had a fix for this --shims?
Pitman & idler feels loose sadly, this is normal...new parts needed
Check front bearing hubs, feel loose same as above....new parts needed
Front pass. Seatbelt squeaking need a new mousetrap
Surge when idling at low speeds reflash
A pop or backfire like sound under the hood at up shift under load loose intake boot?
Front bumper cover pulling away from bumper on corners this is a new one on me

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
My bumper covers do the same, it is put together cheaply thats all there is to it. I think most of us just accept it and move on.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Dealers make money off of warranty claims so why would they get mad? BTW, my bumper cover is inching its way toward the center on both sides... How long have they been building cars again?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
heck no, the few warranty claims I've had they diagnosed over the phone and had everything ready when I came in for next oil change. They only charge $20 for oil/filter/lube if you bought the car from then, rather than the normal $60+, can't get oil/filter for that. So far warranty work has been flapping due to bug shield.. TSB on that one, intermediate shaft rattle, leather coming loose on steering wheel, ordered one so it would be in when I came in for service, oil leak at the lower intercooler line, again knew what is was on the phone.
Wonderful to have a service dept. that knows what is going on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealers make money off of warranty claims so why would they get mad? BTW, my bumper cover is inching its way toward the center on both sides... How long have they been building cars again?
Not really.
Think about the tech. They usually loose money with warranty claims.

As far as your list goes, bring it in I'll do it...work is work..rather loose my @ss on a warranty claim than not do anything at all.:grd:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Not really.
Think about the tech. They usually loose money with warranty claims.

As far as your list goes, bring it in I'll do it...work is work..rather loose my @ss on a warranty claim than not do anything at all.:grd:
But I said dealer. Techs seem to be a dime a dozen and dealers really don't seem to care if they come or go, just as long as the stull is filled and a puppet is waiting to fix your car.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
In my experience with warranty claims, the dealer treats warranty work as "busy work"....they don't get paid the same as if a person comes in for a "regular" service. So they get kind of uppity.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
dealers dont make as much as you might think for warranty repairs gm doesnt even pay the posted labor rate they pay less

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
But I said dealer. Techs seem to be a dime a dozen and dealers really don't seem to care if they come or go, just as long as the stull is filled and a puppet is waiting to fix your car.
good techs that can actually diagnose problems is hard to find. there is a lot of hacks out there that dont care about anthing but the next brake job they are going to get.. I know I work next to one.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
the backfire under acceleration/load is actually fixed by a reflash too. there was just a thread with a tsb about this.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I don't really care how much the techs get paid or how much/little GM WANTS to do my warranty work.

The local dealerships cringe when I walk in the door, and I just smile. I'm not rude or pushy in the least, but I do expect all my complaints to be addressed because that's what the General and I agreed to when I signed the papers and paid $30,000 + for this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Depends on the dealer and technician. If they are hard to duplicate problems it can be a pain, but we used to make a week off of warranty work. The delaership gets paid less on warranty work (rate), but the tech gets paid the same. The only bad thing is the tech gets paid what GM thinks they should be paid (flag hours). During this time of year it used to be pretty slow so warranty work kept the paychecks coming. Be as descriptive as possible when describing the problem the the service writer. Hell, write it out and leave it in the truck. This was always helpful for us to diagnise the problem. The more info the better.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
Mechanics can be found anywhere, a highly skilled/trained technician is hard to come by. When a dealer gets a good one they do everything in there power to keep them happy. You can live on warrenty work as long as you have the all mighty pen):h

A GOOD dealer takes care of the warrenty work, because that is what brings in the customer pay work later.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts