Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the threads about the 141 blocks, and everyone seems to be saying that the 141 block does not have squirters. I ran across this rebuilder's add on Ebay item 130078037584, and he wrote "These engine blocks are all 141 or updated 506 casting blocks with oil squirters to help with the cooling of the motor". I asked him if 141 blocks had squirters, and he said yes. I have a 141 block in my Suburban, and I would like to know if it has squirters or not.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a 141 block and it does NOT have the squirters. I have also seen a 599 block that had the larger 1/2" NPT oil cooler fittings in the block, it was a factory crate motor. The squirters were first in the '97 blocks which were the 506 castings. Someone posted on here they have a 6.2l [verified with a bore measurement] with a '94 casting date code, but the last 6.2l was supposed to be made in '93. I guess anythings possible with these engines, he may have a 141 with squirters.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Short Answer = No..

Explanation? The info you got online just confirms that you shouldn't consider that vender, cause they don't know what they're selling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts