Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck has had 2 DMF replacments, 1 clutch kit and a throw out bearing installed all within the first 48000 miles. the truck now has 63000 miles on it. My question is; if it fails again, will it be covered by the 100,000 mile diesel warranty or not? and also, whats the price difference of the OEM DMF replacment or going with the aftermarket SMF from like southbend clutch?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
my truck has had 2 DMF replacments, 1 clutch kit and a throw out bearing installed all within the first 48000 miles. the truck now has 63000 miles on it. My question is; if it fails again, will it be covered by the 100,000 mile diesel warranty or not? and also, whats the price difference of the OEM DMF replacment or going with the aftermarket SMF from like southbend clutch?

Well flat rate labor for a flywheel change is 5.5 hours for a 2x4 and 6.9 for 4x4 so times that by the shops labor rate and add either$950.00 for a stock setup or$1850 for a south bend! I do believe that the flywheel is covered by the 100,000 mile warrenty but the clutch and all other parts run out of warrenty at36,000.

Hope this helps,
Caleb

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, that does help, but is it the flywheel or clutch that rattles at idle and gets the hard pedel when in a bind? or maybe both?????

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Just the flywheel, all the problems stem from the flywheel, rattle, hard pedal, slipping, and cursing!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yup the flywheel is covered, if you just want a flywheel all you should be out is 100 bucks, but if your like me and think it would be stupid to have it tore down without puttin a clutch in, then expect to be out around 6 or 700 bucks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Then once you put yet another GM POS in expect the same results in 6 months and you get to do it all over again. Save yourself the agony and buy the SBC kit and be done with it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts